Are you unemployed? Under-employed?
Take advantage of our FREE Construction Trade Training Program!
The Highland Community Revitalization Committee, Inc. (HCRC) in partnership with the Isaiah 61 Project, Inc., Orleans/Niagara BOCES, and the City of Niagara Falls are offering a FREE four hundred (400) hour Job Training program in the Construction Trade. The curriculum will include the following topics:
- Blueprint reading
- Installation of windows and doors
- Installation of kitchen cabinets and counter tops.
The course will include classroom instruction as well as hands-on job training in the form of rehabbing vacant/abandoned homes. Upon completion of the course, assistance is provided with job placement as well as direction on the enrollment in higher education programs and apprenticeships. Male and female applicants age 18 and older are welcome to apply. This training allows you to maintain your unemployment or social service benefits while obtaining skills that could lead to future gainful employment. Please contact the Highland Community Revitalization Committee, Inc. at 2616 Highland Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14305 or call (716) 282-2325.
Program has open enrollment.
To apply, applications must meet the following basic requirements:
- Property must be located within HCRC’s target area (Boundaries are College Ave on the North, Hyde Park Blvd. on the East, Grove/Depot Aves. on the South, and Lewiston Rd. on the West.)
- Must be owner-occupied
- Property taxes must be current
- Household assets cannot exceed $30,000.00, and
- Household income cannot exceed 80% of HUD Median Income limits.
PLEASE CONTACT HCRC AT 282-2325 FOR MORE INFORMATION!